Wasatch Preschool Snack Policy
As you are aware, one of the requirements for your child to attend our preschool is that you take a turn sending snacks for your child’s class. Years ago we relied on donations for snacks and they lacked nutrition. Since we are housed in a church without a school cafeteria, we now rely on you to make sure that snacks for your children are healthy.
Remember the following as you purchase snacks to send to school:
- The health department requires that all snacks be pre-packaged and bought at the store.
- You may send milk to go with it if you would like.
- Individual servings are the best.
- Sweet treats are only allowed on birthdays and at holiday parties.
- Do not send Hot dogs (whole or sliced into rounds), whole grapes; nuts, popcorn, raw peas and hard pretzels, chunks or raw carrots or meat larger than can be swallowed whole.
Here is a list of suggestions to choose from when it is your child’s turn to bring snacks. Thank you in advance for your help.
Whole grain crackers,
Note: Parents who forget to send snack on their assigned day will be
charged $10 to cover the cost of providing another snack.