The deadline for registering new students was March 1, 2017. The deadline for returning students was February 2nd, 2017.
Fill out form below or click here to print out PDF Application
Registration Page 1 of 2
Online Registration for 2017-2018 begins January 2017
The deadline for registering new students for next year is March 2017. The deadline for returning students is February 2nd, 2017. Obtain forms after the holidays, beginning January 1st in the preschool office and on our website.
Wasatch Presbyterian Preschool is one of Utah’s finest. It operates at or near capacity, with many parents desiring the same classes for their children. Our registration policy strikes a balance between parents’ wishes, previous preschool attendance, and our paramount goal –meeting our students’ educational needs. To achieve this goal, the preschool director must make choices each year about class membership. The following guidelines help inform her in making those choices.
Priority is given to members of Wasatch Presbyterian Church (who are verified by the Children’s Ministry Director) and returning students as well. They will remain in our program as long as they are continuously reregistered. Each year parents fill out the appropriate form, attach a $100 nonrefundable registration fee and the last month’s tuition, and turn it into the school office by the appropriate deadline. This demonstrates their intent to return the following year. It also allows these parents to express their preferences for classes before new students begin to register.
The director places new students into classes based on several key factors.
- First and most importantly, the good of the school as a whole is considered. This includes paying attention to things such as: ratios of boys/girls, separation of students who have a history of not getting along, separating or keeping twins and triplets in the same class (based on input from doctors, parents and teachers), etc. We do all that we can to give your child the placement that you prefer, but this is not always possible
- We randomly select forms to ensure all returning students have the same chance to get into their preferred classes and to eliminate the need for parents to wait in line to register. Be sure to put both a first and second choice for classes as you fill out the registration form. Then, if we cannot give you your preferred class choice we can at least give you your second.
- When forms for returning students are not turned in during “In-house Registration” they will be included in the open enrollment process along with new students applying to the school.
- We notify parents of returning students about the registration results by email shortly after the deadline. Parents wanting children to attend for five days in 3-year old classes are placed in both a 3-day and a 2-day class with different teachers to avoid repeats in curriculum.
“Open Enrollment” occurs after “In-house Registration” is over. Parents of new students fill out the appropriate form and turn it into the school by the appropriate deadline.
- As mentioned above, the good of the school as a whole is considered. This includes paying attention to many things such as: ratios of boys/girls, separation of students who have a history of not getting along, separating or keeping twins and triplets in the same class (based on input from doctors and parents and teacher observations), etc. Again, we do all that we can to give your child the placement that you prefer, but remember this is not always possible.
- We randomly select forms to ensure all applicants the same chance to get into our program and to eliminate the need to wait in line to register. Be sure to put both a first and second choice for classes as you fill out the registration form. Then, if we cannot give you your preferred class choice we can at least give you your second choice. Because many openings are already taken during registration of returning students, it is likely that many new students will get their second or third choice for placement.
- When all openings for our school are filled we notify parents of new students about the results with an email. They will then have one week to pay the registration fee and the last month’s tuition or be dropped from the program.
Note: If you do not receive entrance or if you dislike your child’s placement, contact Christy in the office @ 801-487-2641 to put your child’s name on the appropriate waiting list.
Registration Tuition and Fees
To enroll your child in Wasatch Preschool, complete the Wasatch Preschool Registration Application and return it with a $100 plus the last month’s tuition. The registration fee and the last month’s tuition are nonrefundable. The last month’s tuition is used for their last month of school. Students who have been previously enrolled in Preschool may enroll before the general public.
To qualify for each class the child must be age-appropriate on or before September 1st (i.e., must be 3 years old on or before September 1st to be in the 3 year old class.) Toddlers must be they must be 2 1/2 by September 1st.